theDenaboutUsdonatecontactUssiteMap

Common Household Items Hazardous to Small Animals

Nav0 Emergency Help
Nav3
Nav4
Nav5
Nav7
Nav8
Nav10
Nav11
Nav12
 


Veterinary & Aquatic Services Department, Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc.

The following items are all dangerous to some degree if ingested, nibbled, or placed in contact with your pet. Some can cause death almost instantly. Others may cause only a mild reaction, but it is best to remove them from any areas where they would be in contact with your small pet.

This is not a complete list, so if you are in any doubt about something that your pet has eaten or been in contact with, please contact your veterinarian or the National Animal Poison Control Center at (888) 426-4435. (They charge $50.00 per case.)

Common hazards to avoid:

Acetaminophen
Acetone
Alcohol
Ammonia
Antifreeze
Aspirin
Bleach
Boric acid
Brass cleaner
Caffeine
Camphophenique
Carbon monoxide
Charcoal lighter
Chlorine
Chocolate
Christmas tinsel
Coffee
Cola
Copper cleaner
Corn removers
Crayons
Deodorants
Deodorizers
Detergents
Disinfectants
Drain cleaner
Dry cleaning fluid
Easter-basket grass
Fabric dye
Fabric softener
Flea/tick products
Floor polish
Furniture polish
Gasoline
Gun cleaner
Gun powder
Hair dyes
Herbicides
Hexachlorophene
Insecticides
Iodine
Kerosene
Laxatives
Lead
Lighter fluid

Lye Matches
Medicines
Mineral spirits
Model glue
Mothballs
Muriatic acid
Nail polish
Oven cleaner
Paint
Paint remover
Paint thinner
Perfume
Perm solutions
Pesticides
Photo solution
Pine oil
Plants
Poisons
Polish remover
Raw meat
Rodent poison
Rubbing alcohol
Shaving cream
Shaving lotion
Shoe polish
Silver polish
Sleeping pills
Snail bait
Soaps
Solvents
Spot remover
Spray starch
Sulfuric acid
Suntan lotions
Super Glue
Tar
Toilet bowl cleaner
Turkey bones
Turpentine
Wart remover
Wax
Weed killer
Window cleaner
Wood preservative
Wood stain

 

[ top ]
 
 
12514 Jot Em Down Lane, Odessa, FL 33556 Phone: (813) 792-8511 Fax: (813) 920-0698
 
website courtesy of Web Solutions of America